Two males died allegedly after inhaling poisonous gases whereas cleansing a septic tank of a banquet corridor in east Delhi’s Ghazipur, police stated on Friday.
Lokesh (35) and Prem Chand (40), residents of Trilokpuri, entered the tank to wash it on Thursday night and have been discovered useless inside it subsequently, the police stated, including that they weren’t given any protecting gear and have been provided Rs 3,000 for the work.
The our bodies have been despatched for autopsy, they stated.
“The housekeeping staff of the banquet hall called the two men for cleaning the tank at 7.30 pm and around 10 pm, they were found dead,” police official Deepak Yadav stated.
Teams from the fireplace division, Delhi Disaster Management Authority and MCD visited the spot, he stated, including that the 2 males have been taken to a hospital, the place they have been declared introduced useless.
A case underneath part 304A (inflicting loss of life by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and part 9 of the Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers and their Rehabilitation Act has been registered, the official stated.